How does Bedrock fund the hospital radio services?
Firstly, Bedrock receives NO funding from the NHS or other government sources, It’s a common misconception.
We are totally funded on donations from the public & private local companies. It’s our volunteer members that actively participate in fundraising activities to keep us running.
Bedrock have a Public Address system to hire, complete with friendly hosts.
We’re involved with a number of ‘Outside Broadcasts’ from school fetes and fairs, and events including Upminster Christmas Lights Switch On and Havering Mind’s Wing & Wheels Show. Along with our Outside Broadcasts we regularly host a couple of our own annual events including the Bedrock Radio Quiz Night, Live Music Nights and the Big Bedrock Broadcast Marathon!
In addition to these we hold seasonal raffles, tombolas , ward lotteries, bucket collections at supermarkets and run a book stall at the hospital.
It costs around £4000 per year to keep Bedrock running, that’s paying for our music licences, insurances, internet & general running costs. – Not including costs of any major repairs!
None of our voluntary members (including the Trustees) are paid either. All our members donate their time in running our charity, resulting in all funds raised going into our charity services.
If you can make a contribution to Bedrock or donate your time then feel free to look at Our Opportunities or help us raise funds today;
Do you run a business?
Why not advertise or sponsor us? Not only can we get you name direct to our listeners, but you will be supporting a local charity!
- Advertising on Bedrock Radio,
- – Daily radio adverts start from as little as £1.50 a day – (That’s less than your morning coffee!)
- – Guaranteed a minimum of seven plays per day – That’s 21p per play, a day!
- – 30 Days (One Month) campaign costs less than £50!
- – We will agree the wording with you, before production
- Sponsorship on Bedrock Radio,
Have your name associated with an entire show or feature!
- – Featured Content; Weather Reports and Sports Reports
- – Programme Sponsorship; Back To The 80’s, Sunday Brunch, Showtime + more!
- – Specialist Sponsors; Big Bedrock Broadcast Marathon, Bank Holiday Specials, Christmas Day with Santa!
e.g: The Sunday Brunch, sponsored by Bedrock Books, the mobile library for Queen’s Hospital, visiting the wards every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Online with Bedrock Radio,
Get featured on our website & mobile app!
– Your company name, with link to your website for just £10.00 a month!
– Over 500 website views a month – and this figure is rising! – Plus get featured on our mobile app that has listeners tuning in daily.
For more details about advertising and sponsorship contact us!