Bedrock is run entirely by volunteers who give their time generously,
All we ask is that you can help us fulfil our objectives.
- Read more about Volunteering with Bedrock
- Looking for Work Experience?
- I want to Volunteer at Bedrock
How Can I help
Our objective is simple; Help Relieve the effects of pain & illness, and to help with the rehabilitation of patients in Queen’s Hospital and Goodmayes Hospital…
Our Volunteers help us by;
- Fundraising & Events; To ensure we have the funds to run our radio services. running stalls & entertaining crowds.
- Ward Visiting; Interacting with patients and staff, talking to them and encouraging them to listen and collecting requests.
- Bedrock Books; We operate a mobile library service around Queen’s Hospital. Read more about Bedrock Books.
- Production; Editing and producing content weekly for on-air use across our stations.
- Admin; Volunteers with desirable organisation skills able to assist the Trustees and help with the running of Bedrock.
- Engineering Assistance; For these with an interest in IT and audio engineering.
- Promotions; Encouraging people in hospital and the local area to make the switch to Your Healthy Music Mix!
What skills do I need?
You don’t need expert knowledge of music, nor any technical expertise – most important is a willingness to learn and be part of a team and be able to make a regular commitment.
We DO NOT offer work experience placements of any kind.
Due to not having regular members of staff on-site during the daytime, our hours of operation are unsuitable for the bodies that issue work experience placements. However, you maybe able to volunteer with us more long-term to develop your skills.
Wanted at our Goodmayes Studio
Ward Visitors & Presenters
Register Your Interest
Please take a moment to read our initial volunteering information.