Community News Bulletins Podcast;
Bedrock Radio Community News covers local stories from East London & South Essex.
Our volunteer run Bedrock News-desk working with The Havering Daily records multiple bulletins every week providing updates from Havering, Redbridge, Barking, Dagenham, Thurrock, Brentwood & surrounding areas.
Bulletins are created every Saturday, In the podcast a new week is identified with the news jingle.
- THD: Harold Hill Residents are furious over parking meter issues at Hilldene Avenue.
THD: Havering Residents Association (HRA) Councillors hit back at Conservatives over false claims over British flag flying at town hall.
THD: Rainham Allotments hosted school group in ‘Sow, Grow & Farm’ workshop.
- Decision on Woodford police hub yet to be made.
- Chadwell Heath Surgery put under special measures.
- Crime hotspot helps officer investigate more effectively.
- Havering Council appoints new 10 year repairs & maintenance contract.
- Decision expected this week on a massive 972 home development proposal on the site of former Romford Ice Rink site.
- New viewing platform overlooking lake unveiled at Harrow Lodge Park.
- Essex Police Arrest 13 climate protesters in Thurrock.
- Patients benefit from Barts Health & BHRUT Collaboration.
- Thames Chase Forestry Centre held ‘Spring festival’ to celebrate framing heritage.
THD: Gang who murdered teenager in Church Road sentenced
THD: Building of 900+ homes on Former Romford Ice Rink, Opposite Queen’s Hospital site approved.
THD: Queen’s Theatre new show ‘Rush a Joyous Jamaican’.
Clayhall Fashion Designer returns to old school.
Redbridge council join police for fly tipping operation.
Charity aims to donate 2000 Easter Eggs.
- Opening of new entrance to Ilford station delayed due to bridge repairs.
- BBC Question Time is coming to Romford on April 28.
- Huge mural of much loved EastEnders’s actress June Brown painted in Rise Park to commemorate he passing at age 95.
- GP’s give advice for safe and healthy Ramadan.
- New City College Student Wins London Electrician Award & Apprentiship.
- See a Dramatization of the Easter Story in Hornchurch.
- Metropolitan Police appoint Bell as new Police Cheif.
- £16 Million Barking Town Centre development Approved.
- Couple Celebrates Diamond Jubilee Anniversary.
- Romford Academy for children with learning difficulties accused of taking in too many pupils to get extra funding.
- Public health funerals have almost doubled in Havering in the past two years.
- A 12-year-old Rainham boy ranked ranked fifth in the world and second in the UK in a maths competition.
- NELFT awarded Veteran Aware Accreditation Healthcare Provider.
- Chingford restaurants fall victim of vandalism.
- Solar Farm near Fen Lane planned for Ockendon.
THD: Romford’s first ‘Bleed Kit’ donated by bereaved mother to Met Police.
THD: Easter Area Police, Day Of Action in Rainham
THD: Romford Market Celebrate St George’s Day.
- Inquiry into councils purchase of Vicarage Fields.
- BHR Hospitals CEO Wins Award.
- Hunt for Redbridge Fly Tippers.
- Police ask Harold Hill School to lockdown due to nearby person suffering a mental health crisis.
- Havering Council Workers accused of Fly Tipping at Berwick Ponds Farm.
- Third Annual Havering-Atte-Bower scarecrow competition launched.
- Just Stop Oil Protesters given bail conditions ‘Not To Enter Essex’ until trial date.
- Inquest into Chingford Care Home Fire, shows care home faults.
- Lizards to be moved from Thurrock to Ilford.
THD: Essex Police Murder Investigation Launched following Targets Fatal Stabbing at Lakeside.
THD: Local Elections – Havering expected to see changes.
THD: Community Champion donates six bears to police.
- Redbridge person fined for fly tipping.
- NELFT raise mental health concerns.
- Tributes for former Redbridge musician.
- Upminster teacher barred from teaching profession for dishonesty.
- Havering Council submit plans for a 74 unit emergency accommodation and health centre in Harold Hill.
- Eco-friendly pop-up grocery store opens in Liberty Centre, Romford.
- Railway Workers on c2c & Greater Anglia balloted for strike action by RMT.
- NELFT announce new acting vice chair
- BHR Hospitals Ward Accreditation Scheme.