As of October 2018 Bedrock Radio became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (No. 1180476) we abide to a Governing Document; Bedrock Radio Constitution
The objects of the CIO are:
(1) The relief of sickness, poor health and old age amongst people living in East London, South Essex and immediate surround areas, by providing a local broadcasting service for hospitals, residential homes and similar institutions, and for patients receiving community care; and
(2) the advancement of health and prevention or relief of sickness for the public benefit through the promotion of the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle, and the importance of maintaining good personal mental and physical health by (mainly, but not exclusively) the means of broadcasting health education messages to people living in East London, South Essex and immediate surround areas.
Ofcom Key Commitment.
In 2024 Bedrock Raido join a small scale DAB+ multiplex, as a Community Digital Sound Programme (C-DSP) licence holder with Ofcom.
Service Area: North East London, South West Essex.
Our charcter of service:
Bedrock Radio is a radio service intended to serve people using healthcare services, and healthcare staff.
Targeting those with sickness, poor health and long term conditions, who are users of health services such as: hospitals, units, clinics, residential homes and similar institutions and for patients receiving community care, in East London and South Essex
As a registered charity our reports are available to the public.
Annual Reports are filed with the Charity Commission.
The Trustees of Bedrock Radio are:
The CIO identifies where desired skills required to fulfil a role and keep the charity operational.
The members of the CIO vote on individuals who have put themselves forward for election as a Trustee.
- All our Volunteers MUST undergo a full Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, plus Occupational Health Check this is a requirement of BHRUT & NELFT NHS Hospital Trust (whom we work with). You will be asked to provide required documentation, failure to do so may result in termination of your application.
- If Successful, volunteers must pay a Annual Subscription within 30 days of their induction date, failure to do so results in termination of membership. This covers your Annual Subscriptions, administration costs, plus your Bedrock Radio T-shirt (where available).
- All Full individual & Full Organisational members pay an Annual Subscriptions to the charity, the rate is currently £25.00 for Full Individual Members and £600 for Full Organisational Members.
- Individual and Organisational Associate members do not pay.
- None of our volunteers are paid, including Trustees (in accordance with our constitution).
- We acknowledge out-of-pocket expenditure, and this maybe honoured if it is a result of carrying out duties if agreed by the Trustees in accordance to our guidelines.
- We do not have sufficient financing to reimburse every individual for general travel expenses for regular use of our facilities, however in exceptional circumstances this maybe agreed by the Trustees upon request on a case by case basis.
- Car parking permits maybe issued at discretion & availability of BHRUT & NELFT NHS Hospitals Trusts. It is your responsibility to park legally and safely. Bedrock Radio will NOT reimburse you for any fines (PCNs) you may receive.
- Our on-boarding period lasts a minimum of two months, before you are able to progress to a further membership stage. However this maybe extended if on-boarding paperwork is incomplete.
- Volunteers are asked to wear Bedrock Radio T-Shirts (subject to availability) for all fundraising and events (think of the t-shirt as a uniform). At a later stage, you will be able to purchase further personalised Bedrock Radio branded material when demand and orders are raised.
- All Volunteers will be issued a Bedrock Radio Lanyard upon receiving their NHS ID Cards. The Bedrock Radio Lanyard forms part of our Members uniform, and must be worn at all times when on official business.
- We will provide you with relevant training and support for your role. You maybe required to attend agreed dates & times for inductions and training. Failure to do so will extend your clearing stage.
- Programmes are allocated based on schedule and studio availability. Your overall professionalism and commitment to produce a programme the agree times will also have a factor in programme allocation – We present engaging and entertaining content, we are not “DJ’s”
The creator of any photographs, video or sound recordings made of any programme in the studio suite automatically relinquishs, all and any copyright of photographs, recordings, or other artistic creations, produced for Bedrock Radio unless it is specifically agreed by the Trustees prior to the production.
If you wish to use other parts of the building this must be cleared with the respective NHS Trusts & Landlords.
Creative Commons Licence
For more information on any policy please contact us