As of October 2018 Bedrock Radio became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (No. 1180476) we abide to a Governing Document; Bedrock Radio Constitution
The objects of the CIO are:
(1) The relief of sickness, poor health and old age amongst people living in The London Boroughs of Havering, Barking and Dagenham, and Redbridge by providing a local broadcasting service for hospitals, residential homes and similar institutions, and for patients receiving community care; and
(2) The advancement of health and prevention or relief of sickness for the public benefit through the promotion of the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle, and the importance of maintaining good personal mental and physical health by (mainly, but not exclusively) the means of broadcasting health education messages to people living in The London Boroughs of Havering, Barking and Dagenham, and Redbridge.
Read our 2019 Annual Report
The creator of any photographs, video or sound recordings made of any programme in the studio suite automatically relinquishs, all and any copyright of photographs, recordings, or other artistic creations, produced for Bedrock Radio unless it is specifically agreed by the Trustees prior to the production.
If you wish to use other parts of the building this must be cleared with the respective NHS Trusts & Landlords.
Creative Commons Licence
For more information on any policy please contact us
Privacy, Terms & Conditions.
- All our Volunteers MUST undergo a full Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, plus Occupational Health Check this is a requirement of BHRUT & NELFT NHS Hospital Trust (whom we work with). You will be asked to provide required documentation, failure to do so may result in termination of your application.
- If Successful, volunteers must pay a Annual Subscription within 30 days of their induction date, failure to do so results in termination of membership. This covers your Annual Subscriptions, administration costs, plus your Bedrock T-shirt (where available)
- All Full individual & Full Organisational members pay an Annual Subscriptions to the charity, the rate is currently £25.00 for Full Individual Members and £600 for Full Organisational Members.
- Individual and Organisational Associate members do not pay.
- None of our volunteers are paid, including Trustees (in accordance with our constitution).
- We acknowledge out-of-pocket expenditure, and this maybe honoured if it is a result of carrying out duties if agreed by the Trustees in accordance to our guidelines.
- We do not have sufficient financing to reimburse every individual for general travel expenses for regular use of our facilities, however in exceptional circumstances this maybe agreed by the Trustees upon request on a case by case basis.
- Car parking permits maybe issued at discretion & availability of BHRUT & NELFT NHS Hospitals Trusts. It is your responsibility to park legally and safely. Bedrock Radio will NOT reimburse you for any fines (PCNs) you may receive.
- Our on-boarding period lasts a minimum of two months, before you are able to progress to a further membership stage. However this maybe extended if on-boarding paperwork is incomplete.
- Volunteers are asked to wear Bedrock T-Shirts (subject to availability) for all fundraising and events (think of the t-shirt as a uniform). At a later stage, you will be able to purchase further personalised bedrock branded material when demand and orders are raised.
- All Volunteers will be issued a Bedrock Radio Lanyard upon receiving their NHS ID Cards. The Bedrock Radio Lanyard forms part of our Members uniform, and must be worn at all times when on official business.
- We will provide you with relevant training and support for your role. You maybe required to attend agreed dates & times for inductions and training. Failure to do so will extend your clearing stage.
- Programmes are allocated based on schedule and studio availability. Your overall professionalism and commitment to produce a programme the agree times will also have a factor in programme allocation – We present engaging and entertaining content, we are not “DJ’s”
- We do not usually play unsigned artists on Bedrock Radio during daytime, however they maybe featured on one of our specialist shows.
- Due to high number of requests, we suggest a donation of £30 is paid to our charity to promote & broadcast your content on-air.
- If the request is approved & suggested donation (where applicable) is paid, we will play / promote your content. However, we provide no guarantee how often the approved material will be broadcast.
- We receive a high volume of airplay requests; we are not able to respond to all of them.
- Due to quality, copyright and advertising conflicts we refuse to play any material from video sharing websites and audio sharing platforms (i.e soundcloud / Youtube etc)
- Email requests are often marked as spam by our system, if you wish to submit music you are welcome to send us a physical CD to our main address, FAO Programme Controller.
- Before sending us your material, please consider if it is correct for our audience, or would fit with our general daily output. We are providing an Adult Contemporary format station.
- Obviously, it must be radio edited, with no explicit lyrics.
- Our Events listings are intended to provide a guide to local activities across East London & West Essex, Bedrock are not responsible for the organisation or running of these events. The events are subject to changes, charges & cancellations according to their respective organisers.
- You may have your event listed on our events pages for free, please complete the form on our Events page giving full details. It is our intention that the events are charitable or beneficial to the local area and not for profiteering.
- Events hosted / managed by Bedrock Radio may contain payment options using PayPal, this is to aid you in purchasing tickets or in making donations to Bedrock, these quick payment options are only shown on selected Bedrock Events.
- We never publish or link to other Payment or Donation options for other charities / organisations.
- Submit your event details HERE.
- Personal information is only collected when you complete an on-line contact form or email Bedrock Radio.
- We will make sure that personal data is not kept longer than necessary, and is only used for the purpose that it was collected for (e.g replying to your initial contact).
- We NEVER share information from contact forms or Event Registrations.
- Emails received advertising products, services or music promotion will be marked as spam and logged as being non-GDPR compliant.
- We only accept postal airplay requests.
- We use PayPal to receive donations and payment for selected events that are organised and managed by us. Usage of PayPal is subject to their privacy & terms and service polices.
- We use MailChimp to create and deliver our e-newsletters, you can change your subscription settings at any time, All our e-newsletters are subject to MailChimp Terms of Service.
- Our Mobile App is developed and hosted by AudioSpace and is listed on the Apple App Store & Google Play Store usage is subject to privacy polices of the individual companies.
- Web-streams for Bedrock Goodmayes and Bedrock Gold operate through MyRadioStream.com and AudioSpace usage is subject to privacy polices of the individual company.
- Users connected to Bedrock WiFi networks in Queen’s Hospital, Romford & Goodmayes Hospital, Ilford are subject to our WiFi / Network Policy.
- From time to time we may run competitions through our website, these will be subject to the Competition Terms and Conditions.
- Our websites are hosted by www.one.com/
Cookies & Content
- We use Google Analytics to monitor users experience, data will be kept for a period not exceeding 14 months whereby it will be deleted.
- We use SEO tools to help search engines reference our website and to improve your browsing experience.
– hosptial-radio.org, thejumbosound.com & Bedrockradio.org.uk are owned by Bedrock Radio.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article on our website, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Registered users on our website will have personal information stored to provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Content & layout of our website is subject to changes at any time. It is our intention that all material on bedrockradio.org.uk is suitable for all ages, should you find any incorrect information please contact us.
- We carry some adverts / credits on our website, this is mostly to show our appreciation to those companies and organisations who have supported us.
- We are NOT responsible for the content or policies of other websites.
- We provide links to other websites to help you interact with us and supporters.
- Competitions are open to residence of Great Britain only.
- In interest of fairness in some competitions, volunteers of Bedrock Radio or anyone else directly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter.
- By entering any competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules, all entry instructions form part of the rules.
- All prizes are subject to availability, there will be no cash alternative.
- Certain prize competitions are only available to patients of Queen’s Hospital, Romford, King George Hospital, Ilford or Goodmayes Hospital, Ilford (any or all sites served)
- Entry into the competition is deemed as an agreement to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the competition.
- Callers are not necessarily entitled to participate in the on-air competitions, and will not necessarily appear on-air in the order in which they called Bedrock is not obliged to reimburse callers for telephone charged either on hold, or on-air
- In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry selected will be the winner.
- Questions must be answered correctly (or nearest correct answer with a variable).
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delays in transit to the winners address. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Entries will become property of Bedrock and may not be returned.
- No liability will be accepted on the part of Bedrock, It’s co-promoters or agents for any loss, illness or injury resulting directly or otherwise from participation in any competition or promotion.
- Entrants into the promotion have no claim whatsoever to intellectual or other property connected to any promotion, which remains in the sole ownership of Bedrock.
- No promotional activity with any third party can be undertaken by any participant for Bedrock before, during and after the promotion & in connection with the promotion.
- Lottery and gaming regulations do not apply for on-air competitions.
- Additional terms and conditions maybe applied to other competitions.
- Acceptance of these Terms and conditions also apple to subsequent revision weather notified or not.
Internet Access Policy
The Internet is a worldwide network of computers that contains millions of pages of information. Users are cautioned that many of these pages include offensive, sexually explicit, and inappropriate material. In general, it is difficult to avoid at least some contact with this material while using the internet. Even innocuous search requests may lead to sites with highly offensive content. Additionally, having an e-mail address on the internet may lead to receipt of unsolicited e-mail containing offensive content. Users accessing the internet do so at their own risk and Bedrock is not responsible for material viewed or downloaded by users from the Internet. To minimize these risks, your use of the Internet provided by Bedrock is governed by the following policy:
Wireless Network Use Limitations
ILLEGAL COPYING. Users may not illegally copy material protected under copyright law or make that material available to others for copying. You are responsible for complying with copyright law and applicable licenses that may apply to software, files, graphics, documents, messages, and other material you wish to download or copy.
FRIVOLOUS USE. Computer resources are not unlimited. Network bandwidth and storage capacity have finite limits, and all Users connected to the network have a responsibility to conserve these resources. As such, the User must not deliberately perform acts that waste computer resources or unfairly monopolize resources to the exclusion of others. These acts include, but are not limited to, sending mass mailings or chain letters, spending excessive amounts of time on the Internet, playing games, engaging in online chat groups, uploading or downloading large files, accessing streaming audio and/or video files, or otherwise creating unnecessary loads on network traffic associated with non-business-related uses of the Internet.
No Expectation of Privacy
WAIVER OF PRIVACY RIGHTS. User expressly waives any right of privacy in anything they create, store, send or receive using the company’s computer equipment or Internet access. User consents to allow company personnel access to and review of all materials created, stored, sent or received by User through any Company network or Internet connection.
MONITORING OF COMPUTER AND INTERNET USAGE. The Company has the right to monitor and log any and all aspects of its Computer system including, but not limited to, monitoring Internet sites visited by Users, monitoring chat and newsgroups, monitoring file downloads, and all communications sent and received by users.
BLOCKING SITES WITH INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT. The Company has the right to utilize software that makes it possible to identify and block access to Internet sites containing sexually explicit or other material deemed inappropriate.
Acknowledgement of Understanding
“By continuing to use the network I agree to comply with the terms of this policy governing the use of Bedrock’s WiFi network. I understand that violation of this policy may result in my device being blocked from the WiFi network indefiantly” – If you do not agree, please discontent your devices from our network intimately.