Skip to toolbar

Bedrock Radio

Post: How Active Are You?

Share Post
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
Share on whatsapp

How Active Are You?

On average adults in the UK average around 73% of us, undertake some physical activity lasting 30 – 150+ minutes a week, with around 25% of the Nation averaging less than 30 minutes each week.

This is the data collated by Active Lives from 2016 – 2017. 

From a local level – it shows that 29% of residents in Havering are ‘inactive’, having less than 30 minutes exercise across the week. With some not even averaging a 10 minuet walk once a week.

It’s not all bad news, the survey shows 71% of Havering residents enjoy an active lifestyle from enjoying walks around the many open spaces such as Thames Chase , using one of the many leisure centres and gyms or even just walking to your destination rather than taking the car, useful if only popping to the shops.

Active Lives

Locally, Redbridge has similar figures with Havering with around 27% of adults being classed as inactive, whereas the remaining 73% of the borough are active.

Barking and Dagenham has the highest inactivity levels locally, 37% Adults reporting they have less than of 30 minutes exercise a week, with the remaining 63% showing they are having 150+ minutes of exercise and 14% of respondents having moderate exercise over 30+ minutes a week.

 

The NHS recommends that adults should undertake roughly 150 of moderate exercise, such as a brisk walk, every week. walking has many benefits as it can reduce the risks of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and help maintain a healthy weight

 

A link to the report can be found at www.sportengland.org