A series of National railway strikes, plus a Tube Strike are expected to bring much of the country to a stand still.
The Rail, Maritime and Transport union (RMT) have said strikes are going ahead after talks failed to resolve their ongoing row over pay, jobs and conditions.
There are three National railway strikes planned for:
Tuesday 21st, Thursday 23rd and Saturday 25th June.
Tuesday 21st also will see London Underground RMT & Unite unions going on strike over a similar, but different dispute.
Due to the nature of the strikes, upto six days of disruption is expected, due to the knock-on affects.
Here’s how the strikes affect East London & South Essex:
TPH = Train Per Hour
National Rail Services
C2C – Operating Times: 7:30am until 6:30pm
- 2 TPH – Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness via Basildon.
- 2 TPH – Fenchruch Street to Pitsea via Rainham
- No Service via Ockendon & Chafford Hundred.
Greater Anglia – Operating Times: 7:30am until 6:30pm
- 1 TPH – Intercity Service – Liverpool Street to Norwich
- 2 TPH – Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria.
- 2 TPH – Liverpool Street to Colchester
- 1TPH – Express – Calling at: Stratford, Chelmsford, Colchester
- 1 TPH – Stopping – Calling at: Stratford, Shenfield, Ingatestone, Chelmsford, Hatfield Perverel, Witham, Kelvedon, Marks Tey Colchester
- No service on regional or branch lines.
Check National Rail Enquires for updated travel information at www.nationalrail.co.uk
Elizabeth Line – Reduced Services and times.
- EAST – Liverpool Street to Shenfield – First Train from 07:00am – Last Train 5:00pm
- CENTRAL – Abbey Wood to Paddington – First Train from 06:30am – Last Train 11:00pm
- WEST – Paddington to Reading / Heathrow – First Train from 07:30am – Last Train from 4:00pm
London Overground – Reduced Services
Most services will start from: 07:30am and finish 6:00pm
- Upminster to Romford – No Service – Monday to Friday.
- Gospel Oak to Barking – Reduced Service & planned cancellations all week.
- For other Overground Lines see www.tfl.gov.uk
On 21st – Most London Underground services will not run – especially in Zone 1.
However limited shuttle services may operate the District (Upminster to West Ham) and Central Lines (Liverpool Street to Epping) non-stopping some stations.
Check before you travel at www.tfl.gov.uk
- Thursday 23rd & Saturday 25th National Rail strikes may affect Underground services that share tracks;
- District line – Richmond & Wimbledon branches.
- Bakerloo line – Queen’s Park to Harrow & Wealdstone.
With all strike dates announced, services the following morning will likely start much later than normal, starting between 07:00am & 09:00am.
Other services; DLR, Buses, Riverbus and Taxi’s are expected to be much busier than normal .
Live Travel & Road updates see Bedrock Radio News