Monthly Community News Roundup – December 2020
For the final time this year – Listen again to our Community News Bulletins as a podcast.
December’s local stories included;
- Valentines Park in top 10 green spaces in the country.
- Christmas Box Camping to help families from Chadwell Heath resident
- Former Stroke Patient & Volunteer writes book about recovery.
- Havering Council launches COVID Winter support scheme.
- “Don’t Be A Tosser” Barking & Dagenham Council’s fly tipping campaign.
- Essex Police remind festive revellers not to drink / drug & drive as cells are open 24/7.
- Bedrock Radio Christmas Schedule published.
- Jon Cruddas MP concerned about reduction of health services in south of havering (Romford Recorder)
- BHRUT beats 7 other trusts in nursing recruitment award.
- 6 year old from Collier Row appears in cinemas over Christmas.
- New CCTV cameras in Ardleigh Green following antisocial behaviour.
- Dagenham Park school technician Angie Rideout wins national award
- Willow, a Beaver Scout from 3rd Collier Row group has earned all activates badges!
- CCGs remind residents that GPs are still alliable over Christmas.
- LBBD ask for witnesses, following vandalism at Becontree leisure centre
- Met Police want to discuses use of force with public.
- Crossrail reach new landmark testing, using Romford Signalling Centre.
- Havering Helps Community Partnership Scheme is here for you.
- Havering VC recruiting Volunteers for COVID vaccine sites.
- Young Volunteers win award from London Mayor.