Listen again to our Community News Bulletins Podcast;
Bedrock Community News covers local stories from East London & South Essex.
Our volunteer run Bedrock News-desk working with The Havering Daily records multiple bulletins every week providing updates from Havering, Redbridge, Barking, Dagenham, Thurrock, Brentwood & surrounding areas.
Bulletins are created every weekend, in our podcast a new week is identified with the news jingle.
May’s local stories included;
- Bereaved families & anti-knife crime campaigners protest outside City Hall over Mayors knife crime failures
- Residents in Mawney Road, Romford witness yet another car crash.
- Rainham Mum to raise funds for children’s charity.
- Woman dies in fall at Liberty Shopping Centre.
- Six detinned by police after knife fight at Gants Hill.
- Chadwell Health Baptist Church redevelopment.
- Barking & Dagenham has worst fuel poverty in England – 1 in 5 can’t afford to heat homes.
- Two horses died in stable fire in Hall Lane, Upminster.
- Hornchurch Armed Robber who targeted banks & Post Office served prison sentence.
- Murder Investigation following female body found in Romford.
- South Hornchurch COPD Suffer, refused help by council to fix boiler.
- New Blue Light cycling club for emergency services personnel.
- Anti-Social behaviour patrols in Barking.
- Goodmayes Vicar in captain Tom Challenge to clean up streets.
- Dagenham Mum campaigns about DDX3X conditions
- Double Stabbing in Harold Hill, One Teenager Dead, Other Hospitalised.
- Worshippers attached outside Ilford Mosque.
- International Nurses Day 12th May.
- Barking man stabbed in front of son in unprovoked attack.
- Residents annoyed with Wingletye Lane / Minster Way Traffic Experiment.
- Romford woman in finals of Ms Great Britain Pageant.
- Mother of murdered Ricky Hayden calling for tougher sentences on carrying knives.
- Collier Row residents keep reporting Water Leak in White Heart Lane that’s wasted “millions of gallons”.
- Havering’s Free School Meals continue in Half Term.
- Barking & Dagenham & Metropolitan Police continue to fight crime in town centres.
- Barking & Dagenham Council to give paid leave to women who have a miscarriage.
- Barking & Dagenham council seek more foster carers
- AA Charitable Trusts identifies 2 Essex roads most dangerous for young drivers.
- Havering Council seek more foster carers.
- BHR Hospitals welcome new Advance Care Practitioners at King George Hospital.
- Demolition Works start on Havering Councils 12 streets program at Waterloo & Queen’s Street, Romford.
- Former Ilford care home is converted into affordable housing for homeless.
- Havering splits into 20 wards in 2022 council elections and gains an extra councillor in boundary changes.
- It’s not OK Campaign – launched by Harold Hill Mother who’s son was killed by knife crime.
- Havering Half Marathon to return in September
- Ship Community Cafe in Rainham Village hosts community coffee morning.
- Ilford Motivational speaker Adrian Tuitt speaks out on youth violence.
- Only 15 Pubs left whole of Barking & Dagenham – The fewest in London.
- Police recover stolen goods in Purfleet container raids, with 4 arrests.
- London Fire Brigade warn over TikTok challenge involving teenagers becoming stuck children’s swings.
- BHR Hospitals Nurse attended 10 Downing Street for special NHS reception.
- Councillors Raise Concerns over extension of road maintenance contract.
- Havering Anti-overdevelopment Pressure Group Preserve are concerned over borough being targeted in new planning laws.
- Havering-Atte-Bower Conservation Society (HABCOS) hosts 2nd Scarecrow competition.